Thursday 10 oktober 19:00 – 22:30
Location: Elewijt Center
On the 10th of October, the Belgian union ACV Puls and pilots association BeCA once again organised an information evening about the Aerotoxic Syndrome this time the location was Elewijt-Zemst, Belgium. With over 60 participants from Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Germany and the UK, the evening was well-attended. The language spoken was English. During 4 presentations, the participants were informed about the latest news and insights in Aerotoxic Syndrome. Also present was a film crew form the German/French TV channel Arte-TV. They recorded the presentations and held interviews with several people for a documentary about Aerotoxic Syndrome, which is due in Spring 2020.
Guest speakers on this evening:
- Capt. Rudy Pont, Captain A320, with 12 years of experience in flight safety, and a strong advocate for a standard medical protocol after exposure to fume events. Watch Rudy’s presentation here on video.
- Dr. Michel Mulder, ex-pilot and researcher, involved a.o. in Post Mortem research on prematurely deceased crew members.
- Daniel Dumalin Msc.Psy., research psychologist, specialised in Neurophysiology. Daniel is presently working on an independent research on brain damage caused by contaminated cabin air.
- Drs. John Midavaine, head of Lifestyle clinic Lifemedic, who has extensive experience with the treatment of neurological and other health issues.
- At het end of the evening, Ap van de Kraats explained in a short presentation about the emergence and the activities of Stichting Fly Aware.
Finally there was ample opportunity for asking questions to the speakers. Stichting Fly Aware had brought a number of Sky mask, for which there was a great demand! All in all we are looking back on a successful and interesting evening!